In my last blog, I talked about healthy morning habits that you should consider incorporating into your every day morning routine. We talked about how important it is to start your day off right, but did you know that how you end your day matters just as much?
After a long day at work or school, the first thing you want to do is hop in the shower, brush your teeth, and lay in bed, but it’s important to consider additional ways to take care of your physical and mental health! In this blog, we’re going to talk about healthy nighttime habits that should you should consider practicing every night.
- Wash your face — reduces breakouts when clearing off makeup, oil, and sweat, prevents wrinkles, promotes clear skin
- Exercise — reduces stress from the day, promotes better night’s sleep, reduces insomnia
- Get a good night’s sleep — improves memory, decreases inflammation, improves productivity, sharpen’s focus, decreases stress
- Unplug from technology — increases productivity, increases awareness, improves sleep
- Reflect — allows opportunity to think about the day and reflect on met and unmet goals, offers chance to think about how the next day will be better
- Drink chamomile tea — promotes better sleep quality, helps digestive system, lowers blood sugar
- White noise machine or app — promotes better sleep, provides calm/peaceful environment
It’s very important to end your night in a healthy and productive way so that your morning can be just as great. If you try to incorporate more healthy habits into your morning and night routines, you increase your odds of living a healthy and peaceful life. Let me know in the comments what healthy habits you do at night that aren’t on this list!
“True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.” — William Penn
1 thought on “Healthy Nighttime Habits”
The night time is where get a lot of things done. But God I need this in my life. Great post love!!!