Morning time — you open your eyes , roll out of bed, and begin to get ready for the start of your day. Everyone brushes their teeth, fixes their hair, and gets dressed, but did you know that there are other things you should probably be doing as well? The way that you start your mornings will often impact how the rest of your day goes. Therefore, it’s essential to start a routine of healthy morning habits that you do every day — weekends as well, guys! If you start your day in a healthy, positive, and proactive way, then you are much more likely to have a much better day.
For instance, have you ever received some really good news in the morning? I can probably guess that the news was so good that nothing was able to ruin the rest of your day. Well, developing healthy morning habits can leave you feeling like that almost every day! We just have to stay motivated and dedicated! Here are some really healthy and positive ways to start your day:
- Stretch— improves posture, allows for better blood flow, gives you more energy, and decreases body aches
- Drink water — increases effectiveness of metabolism, hydrates body after hours of not drinking anything at all
- Exercise — increases productivity, boosts metabolism, allows for better diet and sleep, and you get to take a warm shower afterward
- Meditate — starts the day calmly, decreases chances of feeling morning sadness/depression
- Eat a healthy breakfast — prevents weight gain that would occur from skipping breakfast, gives you more energy, increases productivity, nutrients allows for healthy skin
- Set goals — allows you to be mindful of what you want to accomplish for the day, increases productivity, increases happiness at the end of the day after knowing you’ve achieved your daily goals
- Listen to music — increases happiness, decreases stress
After looking at this list, I realize that I need to be doing a lot more in the morning! I already eat a healthy breakfast and set goals for myself every morning, but I don’t put the other things into practice. Today, I vow to drink more water when I first wake up, stretch, listen to music, and meditate in the mornings. Exercising is going to be hard, so maybe I’ll add that in that after I get the hang of incorporating everything else 😀 . Be sure to comment down below and let me know what you already do every morning and what you want to start doing. Also, let me know what else you do every morning that starts your day off right!
“Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself.” — Caroline Ghosn